Picture this: after a long day at work, some of the potential clients that you are currently targeting get out of their cars and start checking their mail. They end up tossing piles and piles of unconvincing junk mail, while sorting their correspondence. Once they get in front of their doors, they notice your professional looking dolor hangers that have been strategically placed on their door knobs by your staff members. Unlike any other print marketing materials, door hangers ensure a rapid, direct contact with a targeted audience. They are cost-effective, versatile tools that virtually any company can design and distribute to achieve its marketing goals.
What Could Go Wrong?
Given that door hangers are fairly easy to create and use, some people may be inclined to think that their design represents the sum of few random choices. Unfortunately, this belief couldn’t be farther from the truth. Generally speaking, the creation of any type of print marketing material involves a deeper understanding of one’s public, one or more marketing goals that should be achieved (announcing a new business venture, promoting a sale, offering coupons, educating new or existing clients about new products and services, and so on), and the best methods to raise the attention and interest of recipients. This being said, here are five of the most common mistakes that companies make while designing their door hangers (and the simplest ways to avoid them).
- Creating the Wrong Type of Content. To begin with, many brands fail to achieve their objectives simply because they do not craft content with their buyers in mind. They write large chunks of text just to fill pages, and do not actually provide the information that may educate, inform and entertain potential clients enough to convince them to respond to the integrated calls to action. to avoid this mistake, let your writing revolve around the needs that you can fill in a completely different manner, to your recipients’ absolute satisfaction.
- Not Including High-Impact Headlines and Calls to Action. Assuming that your content is already geared towards the demands, expectations and needs of your segment of public, ask yourself the following question: does it actually put your brand into the spotlight, encouraging recipients to take action? A print marketing material that lacks compelling calls to action will inevitably miss its target. Tell your readers what you actually want from them and give them a few compelling reasons why they should follow the course of action that you’re indicating.
- Neglecting the Fact That Door Hangers Can Become Effective All-in-one Advertising Tools. Did you know that door hangers are incredibly effective print marketing products that could serve multiple purposes? Instead of going for common, boring designs, you could transform your door hangers into an all-in-one super efficient marketing material containing a business card, coupon or flyer, by simply incorporating the right perforation markets that would enable clients to tear off and keep the most relevant information. This is the simplest, foolproof method to tap into the full potential of your well-designed door hangers.
- Adding Dull Visual Elements. Some companies waste a lot of money, time and energy during the design phase simply because they are afraid to think outside the box and do things differently. For various reasons, they wish to stick to dull stock photography that fails to individualize their products and highlight their competitive edge. Avoid this mistake by investing in quality, professional product photography, and personalize and humanize your brand by adding client testimonials to your door hanger design. This simple action would offer you the perfect opportunity to build trust and credibility, providing that you always put your clients’ experiences first in any given circumstances.
- Ignoring the Fact That They Should Always Proofread Their Materials. Assuming that you have managed to come up with striking visual elements that do your brand justice and support your newest business announcements, what’s next? At this point, you should go back to your chunks of text and revise your copy. First of all, you should strive to achieve the perfect balance between text and images. Too many visual cues may distract the reader from your calls to action, while too much text could bore the recipient and make your print marketing materials land in the trash can. Also, during this phase, you should proofread your text fragments. This way, you could avoid embarrassing errors that may make your readers question your credibility and authority. Spell check everything, anytime, anywhere to identify typos that could impact the credibility and overall effectiveness of your marketing message.
Avoid Costly Errors by Working with a Talented Print Marketing Consultant
If you don’t have a lot of time on your hands, or lack the creativity required to make your door hangers stand out from the pack, opt for professional services that could help you eliminate these drawbacks. Craft your print marketing products with a bit of help from Minuteman Press, and benefit from quality, original materials available at unbeatable prices.